Thursday, September 21, 2006

Fiddle Farts.

My workout this morning consisted of going over to Burbank World Gym... and then back.

The gods don't want me to stay trim!!

After being down and out with a cold for about 2 weeks (I was still blowing my nose til yesterday) I finally decided to get my ass to the gym. The instructor at my local gym is still on vacation til next week (I CAN'T WAIT til she comes back!) so I finally got up the energy to get my ass kicked at a spinning class in Burbank.

I'd thought about calling in to confirm the schedule last night, but I looked at the paper copy I had and it said, "effective August." I figured they're on a seasonal schedule and weren't likely to change...

And of course I get there at 8:15am on the dot for an 8:30 class... and they'd switched the schedule around, because of the start of the school year. "It was at 7 this morning... so you just missed it," said the blondie receptionist, biting her lip. She offered to let me work out... but I wore my crap sneakers, planning to don my purty cycling shoes for class. "You can spin on your own if you'd like," she then said, but I didn't have my ipod headphones!! Not to mention, my low frustration tolerance kicked in, and I lost my hard-on for a workout.

MRANH!!

On a happier note, I did get a gourmet little heart rate monitor... feast your eyes on the women's Polar F11:

It measures your heart rate, figures out how many calories you've burned, records your heart rate during workouts and graphs them, you can wear it in the water AND MORE! A mini personal trainer, but smaller, prettier and it doesn't yell at you like some Tony Little.

I'll let y'all know how it is... WHENEVER I GET A CHANCE TO TRY IT OUT. Dammit. Hopefully that will be at spinning class that I know for a fact will be at 6am tomorrow morning. That's right. The ass-crack of dawn. HAZZAH!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home