Tuesday, September 19, 2006

OMG...

... My ex from freshman year of college is MARRIED. Soooooo weeiiiiirrrdd!!!

Yeah thanks Myspace. Sometimes there are things you just don't wanna know but are curious to know, but are better off not knowing!

I exaggerate of course-- I haven't spoken to my ex in over five years, and they look happy together and they're a very nice couple, so I hear from Abel who was present at the wedding!

But it's freakin' weird... we knew Jess (the bride) when we were all freshmen and she was dating someone else while I was dating Geoff... imagine my surprise when I found out they were dating in the later half of our years at NYU! And needless to say, things didn't end too well between me and Geoff, though we were stupid 19-year-olds with our heads up our asses!

What made me look him up? I was at an NYU alum thing at the Academy of Television in North Hollywood last week and caught a glimpse of them coming out of the screening of Oliver Stone's 9/11 film. I knew they'd come out to CA to live and work, but did not yet know they were married! I pretended not to see them and avoided them, and I'm sure they did the same. Knowing they'd been together for a while, I got curious!

All personal shit aside, I wish 'em a happy one. I think I'm mostly weirded out by the fact that they are my contemporaries. It's becoming a stronger trend as time passes....

1 Comments:

Blogger Helgatron said...

PS I had also found out some time ago from my other ex Stu that he'd been ENGAGED... though they broke things off in February, I think.

WHEW. Close call!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home