Thursday, August 24, 2006

Rape of The Senses - Part Three


This is Ricotta, whom I like to refer to as Mamma Bear. I go in to take care of her and her litter of pups early in the morning for Glendale Humane Society. She's got a strong prey drive and goes nuts in Andersen's Pet Shop... among her most noteworthy exploits, she once managed to dart into a cage and nab a guinea pig, though she gave it back (still alive) when they yelled at her.

What does this cute cuddly Ewok-cum-Kritter Killer have to do with the third installment of "Rape of The Senses," you ask?

Her pups are just over six weeks old, and teething like crazy. Those little mouths are now lined with razor-sharp teeth, a la Pennywise the Clown. Enter their living area and they come bopping along and plant their chompers into your feet and ankles. And it's surprisingly painful! (I still have a red mark on my palm from Pepper Jack, the wildchild.)

Wondering what I did to deserve canine assault and battery, my eyes wandered to Ricotta, who had jumped into the puppy area. Immediately the pups left me to harass mum. They were still trying to suckle.

As bad as your day might be, thank your lucky stars that you don't have seven puppies dangling off your nipples by their razor-sharp teeth. (SHIVER ME TIMBERS!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home